Master's thesis - Numerical casting simulation in the field of advanced engineering 24/010ex1 Studien-/Abschlussarbeit
Experience. Knowledge. Progress.
Flights into space, the transportation of people and goods worldwide, high technology in mechanical engineering, the shaping of large cities through modern architecture ...
... OTTO FUCHS is represented everywhere with ideas, products and solutions.
We offer you the opportunity to write your thesis in an innovative, large-scale manufacturing company and to get to know the exciting tasks in the field of Advanced Engineering - Numerical Simulation.
Focus of the thesis:
- Development of a numerical model prototype for casting simulations based on OTTO FUCHS' horizontal continuous casting production using TheRCast®
- Validation of model reliability with regard to final mechanical properties and microstructure
- Investigation of model results for different use cases in production
- Identification of critical material files to be calibrated, such as phase diagrams or thermodynamic constants from material databases
- Enrolled student in the field of engineering, natural sciences, computer science or comparable courses of study
- Enjoy and have initial experience in the fields of simulation, metallurgy or materials science
- Enthusiasm for topics such as thermodynamics or numerical methods
- Structured and independent way of working, combined with the willingness to work effectively in a team
We offer you:
A good introduction as part of a pre-study internship and support from a professional mentor
A familiar corporate and departmental culture
Mobile office by arrangement
Company and sports events (e.g. internal soccer cup, company Christmas market, company run)
Our health management program "die fitten Füchse" (e.g. sports courses, gym subsidies, company physio)
Interested? Then please apply online only!
Your contact for more information:
Alisa Bönisch, Human resources department
Telephone +49 2354 73-5482
OTTO FUCHS KG